2015 Chrysler 200: A serious competitor?
Chrysler has just revealed its newest version of the 200 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The original 200 was introduced as a replacement for the outgoing Chrysler Sebring and was supposed to make up for Chrysler’s battered reputation! The all new 2015 Chrysler 200 though, is more than an apology for years of no reliability, plasticy interior and unhappy customers. It is beautifully designed and one of the few modern day Chryslers you might actually want to buy.
“The 2015 Chrysler 200 debuts a beautiful exterior design featuring the new “face” of the Chrysler brand – a thoughtful, exquisitely crafted interior and an exceptional driving experience, complements of a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission and an Alfa Romeo-based chassis. With the choice of two world-class engines, an innovative all-wheel-drive system, available sport mode and paddle shifters for an engaged driving experience, and estimated highway fuel economy of 35 miles per gallon (mpg), the all-new Chrysler 200 makes the commute something drivers will look forward to.”
- 2015 Chrysler 200 is the industry’s first mid-size sedan with a standard nine-speed automatic transmission, which enables expected highway fuel economy ratings of 35 miles-per-gallon
- The Chrysler 200 sedan’s innovative available all-wheel-drive system is the first to deliver an automatic fully disconnecting rear axle, improving fuel economy by reducing parasitic loss when all-wheel drive is not needed
- Choice of two world-class engines are available: the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine produces a best-in-class 295 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque, or the standard 2.4-liter MultiAir®2 Tigershark I-4 engine produces 184 horsepower and 173 lb.-ft. of torque
- The all-new 200 features state-of-the-art electronic shifting with rotary dial
- An inventive center console offers pass-through storage space for driver and passengers, covered charging station and sliding cupholders for even more storage space when needed
- 2015 Chrysler 200 offers the most available safety and security features in the segment with more than 60
- All-new 2015 Chrysler 200 delivers an array of easy-to-use, state-of-the-art advanced technology to keep drivers connected and informed yet focused on the road
- World Class Manufacturing principles and a new, updated assembly plant set the table for a world-class vehicle – the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200
- All-new paint and body shops and improvements in the assembly process enable precision-built vehicles and reduce the energy required to build the 2015 Chrysler 200 by 62 percent compared with the outgoing model
- The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 has a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $21,700 (excluding $995 destination)